AHCMOM213 - Operate and Maintain Chainsaw.
4 to 8 hour Courses (depending on students experience and number of trainees)
Course run Weekdays. Weekend by appointment. We will try to work to your schedule.
$375.00 (Discount on group Bookings)
Courses are at held our Training facilities at Virginia North side of Brisbane & Southside of Brisbane Pinkenba or at your Site or Workplace Facilities Australia Wide.
This unit covers the process of maintaining, preparing and operating hand-held chainsaws in a work environment and defines the standard required to: select, use, maintain and store suitable personal protective equipment; carry out routine checks and maintenance on chainsaw; apply appropriate chainsaw technique and cutting methods according to manufacturer's specifications and documented low risk work procedures; assess and minimise environmental impacts of chainsaw use; maintain records of chainsaw training and certification, risk assessment.
- Theory Training, Recognise and apply workplace safety procedures,Inspect site to determine layout, physical condition of structures, prevailing weather conditions, equipment requirements and potential hazards
- Check and maintain chainsaw
- Operate chainsaw
- Monitor risk control measures to ensure that they are effective and appropriate
- Reassess risk control measures as required, in accordance with changed work practices and/or site conditions and undertake alterations
- Consult with authorised personnel to ensure safety system is dismantled and removed
- Clear work area and dispose of or recycle materials
- Clean, check, maintain and store tools and equipment
- Theory Assessment and Practical assessment