AHCMOM213 - Operate and Maintain Chainsaw.
4 to 8 hour Courses (depending on students experience and number of trainees)
Course run Weekdays. Weekend by appointment. We will try to work to your schedule.
$375.00 (Discount on group Bookings)
Courses are at held our Training facilities North side of Brisbane. Address: 65 Telford Street Virginia Queensland 4014, meet at front gate. Corner of Telford St and Saltash St Virginia or at your Site or Workplace Facilities Australia Wide.
This unit covers the process of maintaining, preparing and operating hand-held chainsaws in a work environment and defines the standard required to: select, use, maintain and store suitable personal protective equipment; carry out routine checks and maintenance on chainsaw; apply appropriate chainsaw technique and cutting methods according to manufacturer's specifications and documented low risk work procedures; assess and minimise environmental impacts of chainsaw use; maintain records of chainsaw training and certification, risk assessment.
- Theory Training, Recognise and apply workplace safety procedures,Inspect site to determine layout, physical condition of structures, prevailing weather conditions, equipment requirements and potential hazards
- Check and maintain chainsaw
- Operate chainsaw
- Monitor risk control measures to ensure that they are effective and appropriate
- Reassess risk control measures as required, in accordance with changed work practices and/or site conditions and undertake alterations
- Consult with authorised personnel to ensure safety system is dismantled and removed
- Clear work area and dispose of or recycle materials
- Clean, check, maintain and store tools and equipment
- Theory Assessment and Practical assessment