Forklift Training Licence
(LF) (Supersedes TLILIC2001) (LF) TLILIC0003 - Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck
Option 1: Recognition of Prior Learning
Option 2: 3 Day course depending on experience
Option 3: Learn at your own pace
Courses run most weekdays. Weekends by appointment only.
$500 Now $470.00 (Discount on Group bookings)
Courses are held at our Training facilities at Pinkenba, Virginia North side of Brisbane & Southside of Brisbane or at your Site or Workplace Facilities Queensland Wide
This course is a legal requirement for anyone who operates a forklift, licence class (LF) TLILIC0003 If you do not have a High Risk Licence you must enroll in a formal training course, delivered by recognised trainers and accredited assessors who are aligned with R.T.O.
As a condition of accreditation, assessors in Queensland are not permitted to conduct an assessment for a high risk work licence class unless they sight evidence of formal training and supervised practical training.
Option 1: Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Are you an experienced operator who doesn’t hold a current Australian forklift licence? Would you like to have your skills recognised to reduce the time and cost required to obtain your full licence? Recognition of prior learning (RPL) may be the answer to your needs.
RPL may be suitable if you have:
- An expired Australian forklift,
- An overseas forklift licence,
- Competency certification issued by the Armed Forces
- Competency that you wish to transfer from the mining industry
- Previously completed a forklift licence course, but did not submit your licence application within the required timeframe
- Substantiated machine operation hours under supervision in the workplace
Option 2: 3 Day Course
We provide both theory and practical training generally over 2 days with a final assessment occurring on the third day. Additional training day(s) may be required if you show you have not achieved sufficient skills and competencies in the final licence assessment. Formal training is usually conducted in a classroom style environment and covers all elements of the unit of competency associated with the licence class. It includes both theory and practical demonstrations of safe use and operation of the plant.
Option 3: Learn At Your Own Pace
This option includes formal training in a classroom style environment and covers all elements of the unit of competency associated with the licence class. It involves theory and practical demonstrations.
After this first learning stage you will then be given the chance to go back to your workplace where you will receive supervised practical training while you work and study: your activities will include performing Forklift operations.
Only after these stages will you be expected to undergo final assessment. When you feel ready for it, you can simply notify us and we will book you in for your assessments. Proximity of assessments. Written 2.5 hours, practical 1.5 hours.
- Plan work – Identify hazards and implement appropriate control measures
- Conduct routine checks – Check logbook, Forklift structural integrity, safety and communication equipment
- Shift Loads – The weight of load is assessed to ensure compliance with forklift truck data plate specifications Forklift is operated at a safe speed and according to procedures apply appropriate hazard prevention/control measures
- Shut down – Correctly stow Forklift and safety equipment, conduct routine post-operational checks