Working At Heights Training Course. Ask about combining Working at Heights with EWP Course
RIIWHS204D - Work Safely At Heights Training Course.
4 to 8 hours (depending on students experience and number of trainees)
Courses are run daily. Weekends by appointment only.
$290 Now $270 (Discount for Group Bookings) (*combined with Confined Space Course $550 Now $500.00
"Group Bookings Min 5 people Melbourne,Canberra,Sydney"
Courses are held at our Training facilities at Virginia North side of Brisbane & Southside of Brisbane or at your Site or Workplace Facilities Australia Wide.
This training course has a duration of 4 - 8 hours and involves face-to-face training. Participants who can demonstrate competency by passing both the theory and practical assessments. Tectra Australia RTO 40889 will email a nationaly recognise Statement of Attainment and snd a small wallet sized plastic card by post if requested. During our Working At Heights Course, trainees will be shown how to erect and dismantle mobile scaffold correctly.
- Access, interpret and apply height safety procedures and ensure the work activity is compliant
- Inspect site to determine layout, physical condition of structures, prevailing weather conditions, equipment requirements and potential hazards
- Adhere to WHS requirements
- Identify, select and check safety equipment for serviceability
- Identify, manage and report potential risks and hazards
- Consult with authorised personnel to select materials, tools and equipment and check for serviceability
- Select, wear and care for personal protective equipment
- Inspect/install fall protection and perimeter protection equipment
- Identify approved methods of moving tools and equipment to work area and minimise potential hazards associated with tools at heights
- Ensure that the safety system has been installed correctly
- Select and install appropriate signs and barricades
- Consult with authorised personnel to ensure anchor fall protection and associated equipment is correctly fitted and adjusted
- Ensure all required equipment is installed
- Use recommended methods to access work area for people, tools and equipment
- Locate tools and materials to eliminate or minimise the risk of items being knocked down
- Check access from ground to work area and ensure it is safe
- Keep fall equipment in place and adjusted appropriately for movement during work
- Undertake manual handling of materials and equipment
- Locate materials and equipment ensuring that they are safely secured and distributed
- Check safety system periodically for compliance
- Monitor risk control measures to ensure that they are effective and appropriate
- Reassess risk control measures as required, in accordance with changed work practices and/or site conditions and undertake alterations
- Consult with authorised personnel to ensure safety system is dismantled and removed
- Clear work area and dispose of or recycle materials
- Clean, check, maintain and store tools and equipment